The quickest method to start a meeting is to join your personal meeting room. It's two clicks from landing at Batipi, by clicking on "login", then "join meeting room" from the main dashboard. Your personal meeting room is an ideal option for meetings on the fly with colleagues or clients.
Inviting participants to your personal meeting room
Prior to meeting:
To invite participants to your meeting room, simply copy the URL to your clipboard (option next to join meeting room) and send this to your attendees
There are more options available for inviting participants to your meeting room, once you have logged into the meeting. Select invite on the meeting toolbar and the following options will be available:
- Select your email client (default program, gmail, yahoo), to automatically create message and pre-populate an invitation to participants
- Copy the meeting URL to your clipboard
- Copy the meeting invitation to your clipboard
The meeting URL will provide direct access to your personal meeting room. If it's the first time the attendee has joined a meeting, they will automatically download the meeting client in the background. The process for attendees to join a meeting is straight forward and self explanatory to navigate.
Note: Participants joining your personal meeting room will enter with their video turned on.
- Control your participants audio & video, by clicking on manage participants
- Having a private conversation? Lock your room to prevent any other participants from joining. This feature can be found under manage participants, and selecting more (top right)
- Using a url shortening service will provide you greater control over your personal meeting room URL, an example of this service is Google's: goo.gl